When you think of traveling abroad, you tend to think of exotic locales with unique cultures and experiences you won't get anywhere else. And there's no place that fits that bill quite like the Land Down Under, Australia.
Located far from most other continents, Australia defines the term “remote,” making it an ideal place to get away from it all. Despite its physical aloofness, this place is chock full of amazing things that will fill your travel journal quickly. But if you need even more persuasion, then here are ten reasons why Australia should be on your must-see list of places.
- The wildlife is in a class of its own. The first animal most people envision when they think of Australia is the kangaroo. Of course, this bouncing mammal is just one of the interesting creatures that call this land home. Wombats, koalas and the one-of-a-kind platypus reside here – animals that can't be found naturally anywhere else.
- The fishing is fantastic. Did you know that Cairns, Australia is the black marlin capital of the world? If you're a game fisher, then the Land Down Under should be calling you loud and clear. You can visit prime fishing areas across the continent to catch many sorts of fish – just be sure to have reliable boat safety equipment when you go.
- There is plenty of space. If you're a city dweller, then you probably have wanted to see what wide-open country is like. You can find plenty in Australia! This is the place to visit if you want some time to yourself and to just get away from the hustle and bustle.
- The beaches are beautiful. Imagine being able to soak in the sun with warm sand under you and the sound of the waves washing your cares away. Australia has the crystal clear waters and the beautiful beaches that you dream of for your ideal vacation.
- Come for a ski trip. Wait, skiing? Yes, skiing! Australia also calls out to you slope lovers out there. Just head to Mount Buller if you want a refreshing Down Under ski experience.
- The city scene is engaging. Social butterflies will find the night life of Australia to be invigorating. Not only are there plenty of nightclubs and restaurants, but the cities are quite clean and people-friendly. Sydney should be one of the first places any urban adventurer should drop in on.
- The language speaks to you. Australia's linguistic culture rings of familiarity and originality. The primary language is English, so you won't have a hard time understanding others or being understood – but the twist on the language here sets it apart from every other locale on the planet.
- The festivals are lively. If you're looking to mingle and enjoy the culture, there are plenty of festivals to get you in on the action. From Splendour in the Grass to Big Day Out and numerous others, you'll be able to take in a lot of the art, music and food that this marvelous place has to offer.
- The scenery is majestic. Nature stands proud in Australia, whether as the tropical forests of Daintree or the arid land of the Outback. If you want to see something beautiful and immense, visit Ayers Rock.
- The people are wonderful. With an immersive yet amiable culture, Australia's children come from all walks of life, and will be happy to welcome you.
You won't find a place as memorable, mesmerizing or majestic as Australia. If you want a travel experience that will change your life, this is the place for you!
Posted By JenniferA
Updated : 22nd October 2021 | Words : 594 | Views : 7039